Welcome to the dungeon, adventurer. Here, we proudly present NetHack, on the web, using an in-browser terminal to play a copy of the original game. On this page, we offer the game itself, and links to the game dumps and record file, to see how you and others have done. The same server, rpg.tellaerad.net, also accepts traditional telnet connections on port 1337, and SSH connections on port 22 with the user and password 'rpg'.
Game Information and Help
- For basic instructions for registering and logging in on our server, starting the game, and connecting using telnet/SSH clients on different operating systems, please see our wiki's page on NetHack.
- For a non-spoiler basic introduction to the game, with background information and simple instructions for playing, take a look at the official NetHack Guidebook.
- To view game dumps of the last game by each player, see the list here.
- To view the server's record file, simply open this link.
- To discuss the game and our server, with spoilers, and observe character deaths on the server, connect to our IRC server at irc.tellaerad.net (to use our webclient, simply click IRC on the menu above), and join #NetHack.
NetHack On The Web
Simply click on the screenshot of the web-based terminal below to open it in a new window, and use the keyboard to create an account and play.